Church

St Giles Church in Coberley Parish
The parish church of St Giles has Norman origins before 1144, but today much of the building presented represents the major Victorian ‘restoration’ work of 1870. Only pedestrian access is possible and this is through the private grounds of Coberley Court, a quarter of a mile east of the village centre. There is a signpost to “Coberley Church” showing the gated access.

The church is in regular use and usually open. Monthly services are as follows: second Sunday – Morning Service at 11:00am; fourth Sunday – Holy Communion at 9:30am. There is currently no service on the first of third Sundays in the month.

For further details, please click on this link to visit the Benefice website and also see the Benefice magazine, Parish Link, published monthly. Copies of the latest magazine are available in the church.

St Giles, Coberley is a member of the Churn Valley Benefice, which also includes Colesbourne, Cowley, Elkstone, North Cerney, Bagendon, Baunton, Rendcomb and Stratton parishes.

The Rector for the Churn Valley Benefice is the Reverend David Minns (dlkminns@talktalk.net). The Associate Priests are the Reverend Cliff Pooley on 01242 243981; cliff.pooley@btinternet.com (Salterley Grange) and the Reverend Arthur Champion on 01242 870402; championarthur@gmail.com (Cowley – New Rectory)

Comments are closed.